Friday, October 3, 2008

Looks Who's Back!

Daddy is!!! AKA Gregg! We are so excited! Gregg got home Monday afternoon, Sept. 29 2008! It was a long 20 days but we are so glad that he was safe and had an enjoyable time!
That night we celebrated Gregg's birthday! (He was gone on his actual birthday!)On Wednesday, we headed up to Big Bear for a much needed mini vacation as a family! We stayed at the Fireside Lodge Hotel, not too bad. The room was a little small but it had a fireplace! It was very cozy!
On Wednesday, we went to the park right by the lake. We took Hailee down by the water where all of the ducks were and she fell in LOVE with them! She kept wanting to get into the water and play with them. It was so sad when we tried walking away from them because she instantly reached out her arms towards them and did the saddest sob cry! We couldn't believe that she was so interested in the ducks! So, we ended up watching them for quite some time!
On Wednesday, Gregg was busy with a test in Big Bear, so Hailee and I had the whole day to play! We went to the zoo and she loved the animals! She kept knocking on the window for the mountain lion. Afterwards we did some shopping and then we went back to the park! After a couple of hours we decided to walk around town and got some hot chocolate because it was freezing!
We got home from Big Bear last night! We had alot of fun even though it was a quick trip!

16 comments:

Whit said...

That's so neat Gregg went to help in Texas! Devon was in the Houston area most of the time. Six days seemed sooo long. I can't imagine 20 days! How nice that you and Hailee had each other! She's a doll by the way!

Emily said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a blast :O) I am glad you have your hubbie back!

Sheryl said...

you are such a cute family! I love Big Bear. My hubby and I have spent a few anniversary weekends there. I sure didn't know that there is a zoo though. So glad your hub is back safe and sound.

BL said...

I bet you are so happy tohave him back! I cant imagine being apart from brian for that long at all!

The Ward Family said...

I'm glad he's back and you guys got some time together. Let's hang out soon.

Heidi said...

SO FUN! Love those times. Charish them! I cannot believe how big she is! SO SO CUTE! Jackson LOVES the Zoo!

Anonymous said...

She is a cutie. Glad he's home safe and sound. It sucks having your man away for so long,, I know how that is. I can't wait for the snow so we can take the kids sledding up there,,, so fun.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

How fun! I'm glad Gregg is home with you guys and I'm glad you were able to take a short trip. Hailee keeps getting cuter!

Jill Duncan said...

That looks like a fun vacation- I'm sure you guys needed it after being away from each other for so long, I don't know how you did it!?!?

Kipn n' Sarah said...

So glad that Gregg is home and safe! Also glad that you two were able to get in that much needed vacation that you got! Sounds like fun times and how cute that Hailee loved the duckies SO MUCH! I wanna go to the Zoo with you two sometime. I know that Amanda has a pass, maybe we can all meet down there one day. That would be fun!
I miss running with you and can't wait to be better. Hopefully sooner than later.
Also, when is the big party thing again for you two?

Kelly said...

I'm glad your hubby is home! That was a long time! I'm sure it seemed like forever to you! Looks like a fun trip to Big Bear. I love the pictures of Hailee at the zoo.

Ashley said...

YAY!! So glad he is back for you two!!! What a fun little vacation you were able to have :)

Anonymous said...

aw she is so adorable!!

p.s. im pregnant! i know!

The Hansons said...

how much fun! im so glad he is back! your family is so cute!

The Hansons said...

how much fun! im so glad he is back! your family is so cute!

Anonymous said...

wonderful put up, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not understand this.
You should continue your writing. I am sure, you've a great readers' base already!



Feel free to visit my weblog - click here