Thursday, October 23, 2008

What a week so far...

MONDAY:
Isn't it crazy how some weeks are so uneventful and then some weeks are just crazy busy? Well, that is how this week has been, and we have LOVED it! On Monday, we went to Disneyland all day with our friends, the Bowthorpes. We bought our season passes that day too! Thanks Grandma "Duh" for getting them for our birthday! It was so much fun! Let me start off from the beginning though.... So, it has been an EXTREMELY long time since I have been. Deanne and I had been talking for a few days about it and I kept asking her questions like, "What kind of shoes do you wear? Do you bring your own food? Do you just buy food there?" She was cracking up and telling me that I sound like such a TOURIST! So, the night before we met up with them, I sent her a text telling her she better watch out because I might just come dressed as a tourist since I am so full of tourist questions! And low and behold....that is what I did! (Don't worry, I had my normal clothes on underneath. Once they saw me and we got a good laugh, I threw that outfit away!) It was pretty funny! Anyways, rest of the day went great! For the first couple of hours, Hailee wasn't diggin' in at all, she cried on the rides and just wanted to be held. But finally she warmed up to all of the bright colors and loud noises and had a great time! Hailee absolutely LOVED Toon Town! We had a great time and can't wait to go back next week!
TUESDAY:
Tuesday evening Gregg and I were able to have an awesome date! He bought us tickets for my birthday to go see the play Wicked! I was soooo excited! This was our first time ever going to the Pantageas theater. It was so awesome! The detail work put into that building was amazing! We also had incredible seats which made it even more fun! We definitely want to go see the play again already! Oh, my absolute FAVORITE song in the play is "Popular"! I laughed so much during that song! Thanks again honey for an amazing night!

WEDNESDAY:
Then last night we went down to Kevin and Jess's house with James and Jenn. I was going to take pictures but forgot the camera. Bummer, next time!
THURSDAY:
Today has been a relaxing day. We have been resting up for a weekend full of Halloween parties!

Lastly, I just have to say our daughter is so amazing! She is learning so many new things everyday! Today she learned how to clap her hands! She always sees us do it but she has never been interested in trying, until tonight! As soon as she did it, she just kept doing it over and over again laughing so hard! Oh, and Hailee also loves to point at EVERYTHING!
Also, Hailee can now walk across an entire room! We are so proud of her!
In this last picture, Hailee is asleep, no joke! She was so wiped out from the Disneyland trip that she fell asleep sitting in her high chair drinking her bottle. At first I thought she was just closing her eyes, but nope, she was really asleep! How cute!

12 comments:

Jill Duncan said...

first off those punk princess pictures are SO cute. That outfit at Disneyland is the best outfit ever! I wish I would have been there that day to see you! All the pictures of Haille are adorable- I love the one of her asleep in her high chair, it's priceless!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

LOVE that you dressed up the way you did to Disneyland, THAT IS SO FUNNY!!!! SO FUNNY!!! I would have fallen on the ground laughing I think!
Next, HOW cool that you had such good seats and that place does look amazing! I am so glad you got to go. Kip and I need to get some tickets SOON!
Love all the Hailee pics too, she is so beautiful and so funny, to me for some reason in the picture of her pointing I TOTALLY SEE KIPPER!!! That is the first thing I thought when I saw that picture. I had so much fun babysitting her the other night, she is so stinkin sweet!

Jessica said...

how fun. i love busy weeks too! and disneyland?! how fun, lucky ducks :) Hailee is getting so big and mature, the things she can do! her and riley should have a blast playing together now. it's funny, when they were born the 5 week difference seemed like a huge thing and now they are doing all the same things :) glad your having fun with her :)

Sundbergs said...

Looks liek a busy week. Disneyland is great so glad you got passes. Hailee looks so cute in her costume too.

Barbara said...

Wow what a week... but SO fun! Hey, e-mail me your e-mail addy: Coyllur01@aol.com to add ya to our private blog!

~Barbara

Jeni said...

What a fun week! I wish we lived closer to Disneyland! Perhaps I say this every time I write on here but Hailee is BEAUTIFUL! She just gets prettier and prettier.

Emily said...

That sounds like a fun family day at Disneyland and then seeing Wicked! How exciting :) Popular is what made me want to go see the show! :) I love the joke you played on your friend!

The Ward Family said...

I love all the pictures of Hailee and of her clapping her hands. I cracked up on your tourist costume! That's a great Halloween outfit! Missed u guys tonight!

The Little family said...

LOL! you are CRAZY girl! Yeah for you guys gettin' Disneyland passes for your b-days!! We need to get our passes too! I LOVE it there during the holidays, it's so pretty! Wicked is so AWESOME! Our seats were in the 2nd row, it makes such a diffrence uh? My fav is ELPHABA!!! love her!! Bless Hailee's lil' heart sleeping in her highchair, still gettin' her drink on:)

The Hansons said...

what a fun week! i love the your picture heading of hailee! super cute outfit! I always skim over people new pictures before i read their post and i saw the one with you in your "tourist" outfit and suddenly became very confused..."Laurie is always so fashionable and wears really cute outfits, what is she doing wearing that!??" then of course i read your blog and it made sense! thats too funny!

Kelly said...

I LOVE the tourist outfit! Classic! I would have cracked up seeing you in that!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE Disneyland. That is our favorite group date spot for sure. Funny that you dressed up, is that a dress?? Where on EARTH did you get that?? Can I have it? Hailee is adorable, and wicked is amazing huh?