Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Jeju"

(Journal entry)
Last night, April 14, 2010 Hailee and I were sitting at the counter eating dinner and Hailee looked across the room and said "Jeju". I looked to where she was looking and saw the picture of Jesus. I asked her "Are you looking at Jesus?" And she said yes. This was the first time she said who He was. We have her point out pictures of Christ, but she has never actually said it until last night. Then she looked over at me and put her hand on my belly and said "Jake wi Jeju". (Jake is with Jesus). I told her that's right. I asked her if Jake is going to come to our house next week and she said yes. Then I talked to her about when she lived with Jesus and how she knew Jake in Heaven too. It is amazing to see how close children still are to the veil and how much they can feel and recognize their Saviors love for them.
I was so excited this morning, and as soon as Gregg was up, I had Hailee tell him who Jake is with and once again she said he is with Jeju.
She is such an amazing daughter and she amazes me everyday with the things that she learns and understands. She is such a huge blessing in our lives, and we look forward to her being a big sister next week.

2 comments:

Melissa + Brett said...

I have goosebumps. SWEET!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is SO SWEET and so good that you wrote this down! It is amazing the things kids just know! WOW! She is going to be a good big sis!