Monday, April 26, 2010

Jacob Ross Hardy




Jake is here! He was born on April 23rd 2010 at 10:58 am weighing 7lbs 10 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. He is absolutely gorgeous and we are loving being a family of four!

Here is the story: ( It's long, but I don't want to forget any details.)
On Thursday April 22nd, we stayed at my parents house to make the drive the next morning alot shorter. My parents were going to watch Hailee the whole time while I was at the hospital. She was super excited!
On the morning of the 23rd,we got up, showered, said our goodbyes and hit the road. It was really weird knowing that we were on our way to the hospital to have a baby...no labor, no pain, a great nights rest, hair and make up done, and feeling pretty relaxed! I was enjoying it! Well...until we got onto the 91 FWY. We gave ourselves about 30 min. to get to the hospital. It was about 8:35 when we got onto the freeway going East when all of a sudden, we ended up being dead stopped on the freeway. Come on, traffic going Eastbound? This is not supposed to happen! The freeway looked like a parking lot. It took us until 8:51 to reach the 15/91 interchange...(it was about 4 miles worth of driving.) I started to stress because we were supposed to be at the hospital by 9am. I called to let them know I was running late, and thankfully, once we passed the accident that held the freeway up, it was fast driving from there!

We made it to the hospital by 9:15am, and I was checked in. My c-section wasn't scheduled until 11am, but my doctor called and said he was going to do it at 10:30am instead. Up until that point, I wasn't nervous, but when the nurse told me that I was going in for surgery early, I got so nervous! I sat there really quiet, a million things racing through my mind, and then once everything was ready, I was wheeled into the operating room.
This time the c-section experience was completely different. With Hailee, it was an emergency, so everything went so fast and I don't remember about 90% of what actually happened. But this time I knew everything that was going on.
Gregg and the anesthesiologist were up by my head and we were carrying on a conversation, when Dr. Saenz told Gregg to get his camera ready because he was about to pull Jake out. I said "What? They already cut me open?" The anesthesiologist laughed and said they made the cut a couple minutes ago. I had no clue! I could feel a little pressure, but I thought they were just laying the tools on my stomach! Boy, was I wrong!
I layed there waiting to hear the first cry, and as soon as I did, I couldn't help but to start crying. That cry was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. So pure, so innocent, and already my heart filled with love for our son. As soon as Gregg was able to, he brought Jake up to my face so I could see him for the first time and wow, he was beautiful. I gave him some kisses on the head before the nurses took him away to the nursery.

After I was stitched up (The whole procedure only took 20 min...amazing!) I was taken to recovery for 1 1/2 hours...the longest 1 1/2 hours of my life. I wanted to see my son so bad.
Finally, I was taken to my room and Gregg handed me our son. He was so beautiful. I held him close and thanked Heavenly Father for sending us another child to love, cherish and raise.

For the next few hours, we enjoyed the quiet time with the three of us. We then called my parents to have them bring Hailee down to meet him. I was really nervous to see how she would re act. I made sure I had a present to give to her from Jake...it was a necklace and bracelet. Once they got there, Hailee was very unsure about what was going on. She seemed scared, sad and emotional. She didn't want much to do with me, which sent me into tears. I know she wasn't trying to be mean, she is so little and didn't understand what was going on, but it broke my heart. Her and I have such a strong, close relationship that this made it hard on me to see her like this. After a while (and after some food) she seemed to be a little better. She gave Jake kisses, hugs and even put her new jewelry on him and laughed a lot! I was so happy that she was finally seeming happy!
I spent the next couple of days in the hospital and was very anxious to be released to go home.
I was discharged on Sunday and we went over to my parents house for the afternoon and to pick up Hailee.
Seeing Hailee with Jake is so precious. She is already so protective of him and loves him more than words can express. Every time she passes him, she kisses him. Every time he cries, she gives him his blanket or binki. Every time she goes to sleep, she wants Jake next to her so she can hold his hand. They are going to have such a close relationship and we are truly blessed to have two amazing children.
We are so excited to have Jake as part of our family now and look forward to all of the years ahead of us with him! We love this little guy so much!
(To be continued...and more pictures to come...)


13 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

He sure is a Handsome little guy! Kip and I are SO PROUD to be his Auntie and Uncle!

Jeni said...

WOW!! Congratulations!! He is so beautiful (can you say that about a boy??). I can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Barbara said...

Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, he's beautiful.

Haley and Mitch said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Chelsea Stewart said...

What a cutie! Congrats to you and your family!

The Kewish Family said...

Yay Laurie!! Boys are so much fun. I'm so excited for you guys!

Amanda said...

We are so happy for your family and your adorable baby boy! Hope all the adjusting to life with 2 is going well. Looking forward to more pics and updates!!

Chris Ebert said...

What a beautiful family!!! Congratulations.. I am so happy for you guys.

Miss you.. Love Chris E.

Trent and Kristi said...

congrats! He totally looks like Hailee I think - and definitely a blondie for now! So cute! Hope all is well - how exciting for you guys!!!

Sundbergs said...

HE is so so so cute. Congrats. Hope you are feeling well.

Brooke Weekes said...

Congrats! He is adorable. I hope everything went well :)

Brian Glenn said...

congrats Laurie! So glad everything went great- and glad Jake is here big and healthy! So happy for you guys...