Sunday, January 17, 2010

What we've been up to....

These past few weeks seems like we have spent alot of time at home. Hailee has been sick with one thing after another! First she had a cold, runny nose, then it went to a double eye infection, upper respiratory infection, fever and the latest has been infected tonsils. Right now she is on two separate antibiotics. This winter has sure been tough on her! Hopefully the medicine will cure all and she will be back to her healthy self for a long time!
Since we have been mostly indoors, we have played alot of dress up. Her favorite though is wearing my heels around the house. I am so surprised at how well she walks in them! You would think she was born wearing heels!
That's my girl! Total girly!

The days that she has been feeling well, we have been keeping busy! Daddy took us girls out to dinner the other night. (1/13/10) We went to our favorite restaurant...California Pizza Kitchen!
Grandma bought two new exciting toys! She bought this quad and a red sports car! My Mom gave me both of them to take home to see which one Hailee would enjoy the best. It was so hard to decide because she LOVED them both! She goes so fast on them! The quad is now at Grandma's house for when we play there, and the red car is at our house for everyday use! Thanks Grandma! You are the best!

On Friday Jan 17th, we were able to meet up with Ricky's girlfriend and her family. They were on vacation here from Colorado (and Utah). We met them in Brea for a great dinner. They are such a sweet family and we had a great time getting to know them, and seeing Janae again! She is such an awesome girl and seriously has some of the cutest clothes ever!

Hailee had a great time with Janae too! They played with Hailee's rubber bands and Janae was such a good sport to let Hailee do her hair!
When Hailee hasn't been feeling the greatest, we have also had many, many tea parties. It is so fascinating to watch her use her imagination. We will pretend to eat and drink and once we are done, she gathers all of the dishes and takes them into her house to wash them. She is growing up so fast!
Tonight, (1/17) we had our first Family FHE. This year our family is focused on becoming closer to one another and uniting more as a family. We are taking turns each month at each others houses to give the lesson and play games. Tonight was alot of fun and we look forward to next month!
Hailee's favorite game tonight was "Ring Around the Rosies!" I don't know how many times we played it, but by the end we were all feeling so dizzy!
We also played Taboo, our new favorite game! Grandma and Grandpa beat Gregg and I! Good job!
That's about it for now.... stay tuned until the next post!

9 comments:

BL said...

you are so funny! you had me laughing when you pointed out that your brothers gf has some of the cutest clothes ever! haha! Also, I really hope hailee starts feeling better, how awful to be sick so much! I will pray it doesnt come knocking at our door anymore!

lisaray said...

I couldn't help but notice that the doll is holding hands with everybody else in playing Ring around the Rosy, just like all of the "other people!" Cute!

Trent and Kristi said...

I love the pic of your hubby & her taking a bite - totally candid I love it! Way cute pics. Looks like she has a great imagination - which will come in handy for her to play by herslef when you are busy with #2! Love the pink heels too - she's no dummy!

Emily said...

Those are such cute pictures!!! I love that she is so into her heels :) I always was too! I love how much you play with her too. I played with Cameron tonight and I am going to try to do it more often. I realize he really needs that attention from me, more than just holding him. We had a lot of fun laughing and being silly. Children are such a blessing!

Genn said...

I love your new header picure. I saw that on EPLOVE blog. They do some awesome work!!

This winter has been hard on my girls too with all the stuff going around. I can't wait until summer again.

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog too. I think having dinner as a family is so important. I can tell that your litte girl is growing up in such a loving home too.

Have a good week. Hope you're feeling good!

Amanda said...

So sorry Hailee has been feeling sick. I swear my kids have had runny noses for over a month, but I guess I shouldn't complain.
Glad you guys are still having fun even though you are locked up

The Murdocks said...

poor Hailee. Having a sick baby is no fun. That picture of her wearing your pink high heels is so cute!!! She seems like so much fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...

looks like fun! my kids have been sick off and on too... i just want everyone to be well!