Thursday, January 7, 2010

The week after Christmas...

The week after Christmas felt just as busy as the week of Christmas! It was wonderful! We spent alot of time with family and enjoyed everyday of the week!
On Ricky's last night in town, we all went out to his favorite restaurant, El Torrito for dinner. It is a tradition when he is in town to go to El Torrito on his last night! We had a great time and love spending time with family!

Hailee even enjoyed the HOT salsa! Some batches of it were way to hot for me!

New Year's Eve was pretty chill. Gregg had to work and I was SO HAPPY that my good friend Shannon's husband had to work too! We went out to dinner and then back to her house to hang out and let the kids play! It is always a fun time hanging out with her!

The kids had alot of fun together! They have been friends for over a year now!
They played on the fire truck...
They played with Deacon's new train set....

And they even played with the light switches! It is so funny to see what entertains little ones sometimes!
Hailee and I stayed that night at my parents house. That next morning, my Dad and I went on an awesome 7 mile hike! I love when my Dad and I are able to have "Daddy/Daughter" times! I will never be too old for that! While we were out hiking, my Mom and her friend went on this insanely hard (too hard for me while pregnant) hike too! This fall I am going to attempt it! Hailee had a great babysitter for a few hours and had alot of fun with her!

Hailee has never been a fan of jelly belly's, but to our surprise she LOVED them this time!
I also can't believe how long hair is getting! It has grown sooo much this past year!
Since Hailee and I were at my parents house, Gregg spent the day with us too, before he had to go to work. Gregg loves smothering Hailee with kisses, and now she thinks its a game to try to block his lips! It is so funny! He is such an amazing Daddy!
Hailee has also taken up a new talent....photography. She is in LOVE with taking pictures! It is so funny to watch her because she will pose us, try and fix our hair, and then when she takes the picture, she stands with one foot forward and leans back while she takes it! It is so funny! I will have to try and get a picture of her taking a picture!
But this is the side profile of her baby doll that she took.

We are looking forward to 2010! It is going to be another wonderful year, a year of so many new changes and experiences!

1 comment:

The Ward Family said...

I didn't realize how long and thick her hair is! That is so cute how you described how she takes a picture!