Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful Christmas we had this year! We spent it with family, love and laughter!
Hailee and I stayed the night at my parents house Christmas Eve since Gregg had to work that night. Once Gregg got off work, he came straight to my parents house to get some sleep. That morning all of the family was over and we were able to have alot of fun.
Hailee and her cousin Brooke. Hailee absolutely adores Brooke and I really hope they can be great friends all of their lives.
They started a new game called "Steal the binky!" They both laughed and played this game forever!



My Mom had prepared a yummy breakfast of muffins, breads, and fresh fruit! Once we ate then we opened gifts! I hardly took any pictures while opening gifts, but here is the "before" picture. Mom and Dad sure were amazing on gifts! They are such great parents and really do still spoil us! We love them and appreciate all they do for us!Hailee opening a pair of princess shoesHailee got my Mom this sweatshirt and then she got my Dad a baseball hat that says "Worlds Greatest Grandpa!"After opening presents, Gregg went back to bed for a few hours since he had to work that night again, and we set off on our traditional holiday hike! The weather was perfect!Hailee had so much fun hiking like a big girl!Towards the half way point Hailee and Brooke both started getting tired....

So Hailee went into the hiking back pack and Brooke went into Sarah's arms and then into the stroller once we got back to it! The girls were both happy again!

That night we started another new family Christmas tradition. We did the Nativity Play! It was so much fun! Gregg did the opening to it (We have the play on video) and then he left for work. Hailee and I were the angels, Dad was a Shepard, Mom was the narrator and messenger, Rick was a wise man, Kip was Joseph, Sarah was Mary and Brooke was baby Jesus!
We had such a great time acting out the play and afterwards we laughed so hard while watching us on video! We definitely look forward to this new tradition in 2010!
Hailee in her Christmas Sunday outfit! She looked adorable!



2009 has been such a wonderful year. It has been a year of many challenges but also many blessings! We are so thankful for Christ, our Savior and for the love of family. We look forward to 2010, it is going to be another exciting year of new experiences and events!

6 comments:

The Ward Family said...

Looks like such a fun Christmas! I love her outfit. I almost got that at Babies R us for Jocelynn. Too cute.

Jessica said...

fun stuff! your parents do spoil you! i couldn't believe the amount of presents!!! you can tell them to adopt me any day ;) I enjoyed the update, good job since your computer is not working, i wouldn't be as good as you :) how is the pregnancy going?

Jill Duncan said...

I can't believe ALL those presents!!!

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

Laurie,
I found your blog from Heather Williams', hope that is okay:-) How great that you guys have a traditional holiday hike! So fun. I am dying to exercise. I just stare at my poor jogging stroller in the garage calling out to me to be used. Only a few more months!
Briana Johnson

Kelly said...

what a fun christmas! i love the pic of the cousins stealing the binkie

Anonymous said...

It's very straightforward to find out any matter on web as compared to books, as I found this post at this website.

My web site ... click here