Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve!

Last night Gregg and I were talking about family traditions what we enjoyed while growing up. It was really enjoyable talking about our childhood years and about all the different things we remember during Christmas times as kids!
Two of the traditions that stood out that we talked about are the following:
My favorite Christmas tradition has to be our Christmas animals. It was in 1989, and my Dad came across these mechanical commercial retail animals at a job he was doing in the mall. I don't remember the whole story, but he was given all of these animals because the mall was replacing them with new ones. Every year since then, we have set them up all around our house creating Christmas animal scenes.

We look forward to every Christmas knowing that these animals are all around the house. They bring us such great memories and Christmas spirit to the house!

One of Gregg's favorite memories is opening Christmas pajamas every Christmas Eve. In my family, we have never done this. (Well, not that I can remember of). I was so excited when Gregg was telling me how he would look forward to opening his new jammies each Christmas Eve, because this was a tradition I wanted to start in our little family! Tonight, I surprised him by pulling out three presents...one for me, him and Hailee and told him we needed to open these tonight! He got a huge smile on his face when he saw that they were pajamas! So, this is a now a tradition we are going to continue with in our family!

Lastly, my entire family started a new Christmas tradition tonight. My Mom put on a wonderful Christmas program and one of the things that we had to do was to bring a Christmas poem/story to share with everyone. After we were done reading, my Mom gave us a binder to put the stories in and along with that, she gave us 24 more Christmas stories so each family now has their own set of Christmas stories to read to their families! Each year, we will come with a new story to add to the book!
Here are a few more pictures from the night:

We had a very yummy Mexican dinner tonight!

Us playing Hailee's new favorite game, Ring Around A Rosie
Kip and Sarah opened up their presents tonight because they will be with her family tomorrow.
And Hailee being as cute as ever!

8 comments:

AmandaFienPhotography said...

First off...I am up at 4am on Christmas, what is going on! Second, I totally remember those beavers and can't believe they are still working after all of these years! Merry Christmas!

Todd Family said...

I'm glad you had a great time! I love Christmas time!

The Hansons said...

sounds like you guys had fun!!

The Little family said...

I like the p.j. tradition, those beavers are funny! LOL!

Sundbergs said...

Sounds awesome her pjs look so cute good job.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That was so much fun and I am so excited for the many years of these fun traditions to be added to and acted out! I love our family, it seriously is THE BEST!!! We had a blast with you guys and Laurie, that dinner was SO YUMMY good job!!!

The Ward Family said...

I just love Christmas. We had Christmas pajamas also and loved it. I love the animals, I bet that's fun for Hailee too!

Emily said...

THanks for sharing, I am going to use some of those ideas. I like the christmas stories idea and the PJ tradition!