Monday, December 22, 2008

I Love Christmas Time!

I love Christmas time because there are always so many fun things to do with family and friends! My Mom, Sarah, Hailee and I started our fun on Friday the 19th by making our caramel apples. Now, these aren't the traditional caramel apples, these are caramel apples loaded with Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cups, M&M's and Butterfingers candy! They probably weigh two pounds once we are done with them!

Hailee eating dinner and watching a movie while we get everything ready
Hailee and Grandma making the caramel
The three stages to our apple making
The finished products!
On Sunday Dec. 21st, our family went to go see the lights on Thoroughbread in Rancho Cucamunga! It was so much fun! We started off by getting some free hot chocolate provided by the Jewish Church (how nice of them!) It was so good, especially because it was so freezing out!
This was Hailee's first time experiencing the "real" cold and of course we weren't prepared. So, she ended up wearing several layers of clothes (tights and a long sleeve shirt under her pajamas which were under her jeans and a sweatshirt.) Luckily we found one of my mom's running beanies so Hailee got to wear that! (Don't worry, I did buy her some girlie ones today!)

Lastly, tonight (Dec. 22) we went out with my Mom, Ricky, the Hansen family and the Eddy family to do some Christmas caroling! It was fun! And Hailee looked soooo cute in her big puffy jacket! She reminded us of the little kid in the movie "The Christmas Story"!
Oh, and I just LOVE this picture! Today Hailee was laying on our bed reading a book! She is just sooooo cute and we love her so much! (Notice how talented she is....she can read a book upside down!)

8 comments:

jeanine said...

Those carmel apples look divine. I wish I could get my hands on one!

Kelly said...

OK, we've had your carmel apples before and are wondering why we haven't seen any yet??? =)

BL said...

were you there at our house christmas caroling with everyone? I saw your mom but didnt see you there! Anyway, it was very nice and you guys sang great!

The Little family said...

Haha I want a carmel apple too!! I'm so glad you went a saw the lights in Rancho!! Hailee looks so cute kickin' back reading her book:)!!can't wait to go to D-land!!!

The Ward Family said...

How fun. That's great you guys really got into the Christmas spirit. CAramel apples . . . .YUM!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is a fun post, those lights looked AMAZING we will have to for sure go with you all next year! SO COOL and crazy that you saw Dev and Lisa there, neat! Hailee is so stinkin cute with that book too, she looks so grown up in that picture!

Emily said...

Those look so yummy! It makes me want to holiday bake!

Jessica said...

I LOVEE LOVVEEE going to look at those lights, we did it the last two years, but didn' this year, sad! i'm definetly going next year :) hailee is getting so big and cute. And i need to get the directions/recipe for those carmel apples, YUM!