Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving- The Hardy/Robinson Way

We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did!
I started the morning off with a run that I thought would be pleasant but turned out into being a run full of dry heaving! Nothing like running first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to the smell of turkey and Thanksgiving dinners cooking on every single street! I was amazed at how strong the smell was through out the neighborhood! I was so happy once that run was over!
That afternoon we all went down to Kip and Sarah's house. It was alot of fun. My mom did most of the cooking and put Sarah in charge of cooking the turkey, so Gregg and I had it really easy! Just show up and eat! Thanks you two for the great cooking! Everything turned out so beautiful!
It was such a relaxing and rewarding day to be able to spend it hanging out as a family and talking about everything we are thankful for. The only one who wasn't here was Ricky who we missed alot. But we were thankful that he was able to go to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with our relatives.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is that it makes you realize how much you really do have to be thankful for. A few things that I am so thankful for are my wonderful husband, my beautiful daughter, my family, the Gospel and my health.

And what do you think we all did the very next morning??? You got it right....we were all up early and at an awesome boot camp class taught by my Mom at Fire House Fitness! It was soooooo much fun! Everyone was invited to bring their spouses to class today for a holiday "butt-kickin" class! And let me tell you...it was such an AWESOME and HARD workout! We all felt so much better afterwards knowing that we had burned off all of our Thanksgiving dinners!
At the end of the boot camp class, we ran this KILLER hill! TWICE!

We're all so tough!

And....back down again we go!

We hope you were all able to have an enjoyable Thanksgiving! We love the holidays around here because it always mean we will have a tough/hard/sweat dripping workout!
Happy Thanksgiving!



8 comments:

Heidi said...

that is the way to do it for sure! Im sure I needed that the day after. You guys are hard core!

Kelly said...

Looks like a fun day! And Sarah's Thanksgiving table looks beautiful!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

SO SO SO Hardy/Robinson I LOVE IT!!!! Loved the work out, I think I over did it a little bit with the hill run, TWICE, but it was SO MUCH FUN still! Your mom teaches an AMAZING class! Glad to spend the Holiday with such an awesome family that I am so blessed to be in!

Sundbergs said...

Sounds like a great day and then a great workout the next day.

The Hansons said...

what an awesome thanksgiving you guys had! nothing like hiking up a HUGE hill afterwards! Man, i shoulda called you guys... cuz i was totally gonna come over but then I thought hmm... there are probably spending some famly time together and then decided not to. but i am coming out to corona again on thursday and friday! will you guys be around? i have a xmas card for you guys and everything! cant wait to see you guys!

Devin and Kelly said...

i miss having you be my trainer. even tho i was a pain i looked good! you will be seeing me after the baby thats for sure!

Emily said...

I would love to join the boot camp party! Then I would for sure lose weight. I just can't drive so far to do it! But I love seeing how fit you arem it inspires me :)

The Little family said...

Man you guys GET DOWN!! Way to work off all that food!! I miss hiking with you! Are you doing some major toe taps in your pilates class?? lol! I will def come k:)