Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Week

This past week, we went to the ward Trunk or Treat. Gregg came for a little while before he headed for work, and then Hailee, my Mom (Grandma) and I stayed for a while. Hailee and I have both been sick this week, so we didn't stay as long as we wanted to. But, it was pretty fun. Hailee loved walking around swinging her bucket for candy! You would have totally thought that she has done this for years the way she worked the bucket!



After it was over, we came home and had dinner. Since it was her first time trunk or treating, I decided to go ahead and let her try a sucker, and WOW, she LOVED it! She had a total death grip on the sucker for the longest time!
Once she got bored of the sucker, she reached into her bucket and decided it was sharing time. She would take a piece out, hand it to either my Mom, Dad or I and just laugh and laugh! We played this game probably for almost an hour!
On Halloween, Gregg had to work again (Bummer!) but I decided to take Hailee to the neighbors house to go Trick or Treating! At first she was scared seeing a ton of kids all in scary costumes, but after the first couple of houses she let me put her down and she decided it was time to be a big girl and walk and hold her bucket. On our way home, she then decided it was time to sort through all of her candy and she sat down on the side walk and started pulling her candy out! It was so funny! She still has her bucket of candy as a new toy; good thing she doesn't know its edible stuff! Her new game is to put the candy in her toy kitchen cupboards and then take it out, and then put it back in!

Hailee decided to push her tutu around in her car
Lastly, Hailee and I had girl time after her bath that night. We were both wiped out from still not feeling good, so we painted our toe nails. I still have never painted hers because I thought it would be too hard! Surprisingly, she did pretty well! I would paint a couple of toes and then blow on them, and she started busting up laughing! It was so cute! I did choose a really light pink just in case if I did mess up so it wouldn't be too noticeable! (don't look too closely to the picture!) But it was so much fun and I LOVE having a GIRL so much! She seriously just makes me so happy and I honestly don't seem to get enough of her each day! She is my pride and joy!

8 comments:

Sundbergs said...

That sounds like a fun week. I bet she loved her sucker.

BL said...

I cannot wait until Celah is at this age! She is difficult right now but i'm sure it will pass and I have much to look forward to from the looks of it:) Oh yah, got your cute princess party invite! Are you still wanting me to be cinderella because if so, I need to find a poofy skirt to go under the dress- I accidently washed the under part and it ripped to shreds!

The Little family said...

SOO cute! I LOVE her lil' pink toe nails. Paint them for her always! :)

The Ward Family said...

I love the toes! I love the pictures of her in her leggings! She has such a cute personality!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

I loved the video of Hailee walking. She was so cute and wobbly! Does that make her a toddler now? Sad to think huh?!?! :) The painting the toe nails is too cute! Seems like it was a HAppy Halloween!

Emily said...

What a wonderful day Laurie!! She is so adorable in every way and her candy game is pretty cute :)

Trent and Kristi said...

You are such a cute mom - I wouldn't even think about painting my girl's toes. How boring am I?

Looks like such a busy but fun week! Isn't it amazing how suckers are a baby's favorite thing? It's like they KNOW how bad it is!

Alison said...

Alex's first candy was a sucker too. Those little dum dum suckers are just the right size for little mouths. This year his candy of choice was the smarties.

Hailee's pretty pink toenails are adorable!