Saturday, November 22, 2008

Too Much to Handle!

So, I think Gregg and I are way more excited than Hailee is, but she graduated from her little car seat to the big girls car seat! Yeah! We even decided to go ahead and let her face forward now! Whats a few days early gonna do, right? Well, let me start from the beginning.... Hailee is really tall for her age, and we have been cramming her in her same tiny car seat that she has been in since birth. Her legs would hang out over the edge and when she would be in the car, she had to bend her legs because the seat was in the way to stretch them out. So as you can imagine, the "CAR SEAT" has been not only uncomfortable for her but a battle with us every single time we would try and put her in it!
So today was her lucky day! We got the camera ready, thinking that she would throw her hands up in the air and giggle and laugh once she was put into her forward facing seat, but of course that didn't happen. I think she was just so traumatized from her old car seat that she carried those feelings with her to the new one.
But thankfully after we started driving, she realized that she could see everything, including us! Don't let fool you though, she look as scared as scarecrow the whole time!

The good news is that later tonight, she kept pointing for the front door to go outside and so I took her and she pointed straight to the car and so I opened the car door, stuck her in her seat and went for a drive and it made her so happy! So now I think she has bonded with her seat! Thank goodness!

Also, Hailee is trying to learn how to jump! I discovered that this morning when we were at the park and there was this little cheer team practicing.We went over to watch them and they were jumping and Hailee would squat down and then stand up real quick! My Mom and I started jumping tonight and she started doing the same thing again! It was just too cute! So, here is a clip of what a "Hailee' jump looks like. You should try it! (Sorry this video is sideways, I don't know how to flip it around. Do any of you?)



And lastly, here are a couple of pictures of Hailee walking her doggy. So cute!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

She is so big! I cannot believe we have little ones walking around... CRAZY!! When is your next one coming?

Kipn n' Sarah said...

It is always SO crazy to see them go to a big car seat, how funny that she hated it at first and then decided that the new one is her buddy!
The jumping, SO SO SO FUNNY!!! SO cute too!!!! She cracks me up big time!
And lastly I am SO happy that she loves her puppy dog!!! She is so cute walking it around in these pictures!!! YEAH!!!

BL said...

haha cute! i am sure celah will be in a big girl carseat early also! big girlies! about the video, i really dont think you can flip it from being sideways if you have filmed it sideways because i've tried and tried also and it wouldnt work!

Kelly said...

Congrats on the car seat! Derek was too big for his infant seat too... I switched him and faced him forward at 9 months. (I know, bad mom)... but he was so much happier. Hailee is looking so cute!

Emily said...

She is ADORABLE! That is funny getting used to a new and better car seat. I don't blame her for being a little uneasy about the whole thing.

The Ward Family said...

I love the jumping! That's really cute. That's very exciting, she's facing forward now. Now you can look at her in your rearview mirror!

The Little family said...

How cute hailee is!! Sorry we missed her birthday party. The pictures look so cute!! How funny you posted her in her new carseat, I bought Ashton his 2 weeks ago. He was majorly grown out of his little carrier too! We would have had similar posts, at the same time. It will be my next post though. Haven't been blogging lately, been super busy!!! call me, we need to catch up!

Trent and Kristi said...

What a big girl! I didn't realize she is so TALL!!! Kami never has had that problem - she is on the shorter side which is funny cause Trent and I are not short. Anyway, it is amazing how FAST they learn things - and kind of scary! You should enroll in "The Little Gym". She would love it! Do you guys have those down there?

Amanda said...

That is so funny. I would have never thought that changing car seats could be scary, but i guess it makes sense. She has to be so much more comfy now though! And my goodness, she looks like such a big girl walking all over. We Really need to get together.