Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hailee's First Dentist Trip

Today (2/2/10) Hailee had her first trip to the dentist! I was a little nervous about how it would go, so all morning I kept explaining to her that we are going to a really fun doctor who will look at her teeth and count them! I don't really think she had a clue about what I was talking about though!
We got to the dentist and Hailee ran right over to all of the Lego's and played while we waited. Each time a kid would go back, she would look at me and pointed to her ears. (Probably because she has been to the doctor so much and he always checks her ears.) I told her "That's right,it is a doctor, but its a special doctor called a dentist who will look at your teeth."
When it was her turn, I took her back and she sat on the chair like such a big girl. They had a talking stuffed animal that she played with, and then when the dentist came in, she explained to Hailee everything that she was going to do. This dentist is AWESOME! She sang songs the ENTIRE time and let Hailee hold the special tooth mirror! Hailee wasn't afraid at all! She let them count, brush, floss, and polish her teeth! The best news too is that she is cavity free!
Afterwards, she was given a bunch of stickers, a new tooth brush and she was able to pick out a special toy from the treasure chest. (She chose a toy race car!)
I'm so happy she did so well today! She is becoming such a big girl!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

she did such a good job and sounds like you guys have the best dentist ever!

The Ward Family said...

You just reminded me of what I've been meaning to do. I loved picking a toy out of the treasure chest when I was little. Glad it went well.

Jill Duncan said...

You're lucky that she did so well. I've been dreading the first dentist appointment with Kaelyn- which is why I keep putting it off. Hopefully she will do as good as Hailee!!

What Dentist did you go to, it sounds like she did a really good job?