Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ouch!

Friday night (Oct. 16th) my Mom came over to our house, and thank goodness she did! As we all know, Hailee absolutely LOVES dancing to Barney! She gets extremely hyper and runs around like crazy to the songs! My Mom and I were watching her and laughing at how funny she was being, when all of a sudden she tripped and took a head dive into the t.v. hutch! She started screaming! We ran over there and her head started swelling up! My Mom was holding her while I was rubbing her back and holding ice to her head when she closed her eyes, and stopped breathing! (Unless her breathing just became extrememly shallow) and then a few seconds later (which seemed like minutes!) she gasped for air and started breathing normally again! It was seriously so scary! I was so happy my Mom was there to not only comfort Hailee, but to comfort me too! Its always so hard to see your little girl get hurt!
This picture doesn't do justice of how it looks. I should have taken another picture of her today because now her eyelid and above her eye is black and blue! But you can see how swollen her eyebrow is! Poor girl! Thankfully she is doing great again! Kids are so tough!Onto a more happier subject, Hailee has a new love for painting! I bought her some finger paints, but she prefers using the paint brushes instead. She is so funny with things being "dirty" now. My Mom had told her about a week ago that her binki was dirty so she threw it right out of her mouth! Every day that she tries to keep her binki in her mouth, we tell her its dirty and she throws it right away! Hopefully we can get her off of one for good! She doesn't want anything to do with dirty stuff now! Such a girl! Love it!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

ya ouch! yikes, scary that she stopped breathing, glad she bounced back okay! she is looking like such a little girl! what happened to our babies?

Jenn said...

poor baby girl! glad she is ok. cant believe how big she is getting!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Poor Hailee. That looks awful! I know that sick feeling you get when things like that happen. I'm so glad your Mom was with you!

Jeni said...

SAD!! It's the worst when they get hurt like that. Everytime Olivia falls down and gets hurt, I check her mouth first because I am still traumatized from her tooth getting chipped. I can't believe how swollen her eyebrow was. That's so scary!
Olivia is the same about being dirty. She freaks out when she's eating if anything gets on her hands or face. What girls!!

Kelly said...

ahhh, that does look like it hurt! poor thing. hope she's feeling better!

Amanda said...

Wow! That is one intense owie for a little girl. It's crazy to me that kids actually survive childhood. Glad that your mom was there too...I am sure I would have been sobbing if I was you and needed a mommy to comfort me. Hope it heals fast!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok that would totally freak me out! I am glad that she is ok and that your mom was there for you as well. Wow, freaky! Poor head!
Love her pictures, SO CUTE that she loves to paint now! I love it! Smart idea with the gettng rid of the binkey!

The McPherson Family said...

OUCH!! Yikes! That sounds like a horrivle experience! I'm glad she is doing better.

The Ward Family said...

That looks like it hurts. Poor girl. Looks like she had fun with the paints!