Thursday, September 4, 2008

Big Bear Adventure

For Labor Day, my family and parents went up to Big Bear to spend the day! It was so much fun! We first started by going on a hike up to Castle Rock. This trail is really gorgeous. From certain points of the trail, you can see Big Bear Lake down below.

Starting the hikeThe view from the trail

Climbing to the top of Castle Rock

View from the top

Hailee didn't go to the very top. It was too dangerous to boulder hop with her. So she hung out at the bottom and we took turns hiking up to the top
Grandma and Grandpa enjoying Hailee


After the Castle Rock hike, we went on a second hike on Pine Knot Trail. This trail was beautiful too! We hiked up to some camp ground that we never knew existed! It was pretty cool! We hung out there for a while, then decided to head back because Hailee was starting to get fussy. I don't blame her, she had been in a car for an hour and a half to get up to Big Bear, then she had been in the backpack for a few hours! We were trying to get her to stop fussing, so Gregg started chasing me with Hailee in the pack! She started laughing SO HARD! We couldn't believe that she loved all of the bouncing around!

The "Fern Grotto"


Standing in front of a huge tree that had been struck by lighting

Playing "Peek A Boo" on MommyAfter our hikes, we headed down to the Town Village and walked around. Then we decided to head down to the lake and walk around and finally relax a little bit. It was such a fun day! We defiantly want to go back soon and do this again!

11 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

Fun! It's good to know that you can still do cool hikes post-baby.

The Ward Family said...

How fun. We would love to join u next time. Cool backpack too.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Looks like a total blast, I really wish I was not working and could have gone with you all! Looks like so much fun and Hailee is such a little trooper! I love the new backpack thing. SO NICE!

Jill Duncan said...

how fun, and what a beautiful view!

I just love those 9 month pictures you last posted of Hailee, they are sooo cute and her little sweat outfit is too cute! Isn't having a girl so much fun?! :)

Todd Family said...

that looks like so much fun! we should all go up there and go camping and then go to the lake or something...we should hang out sometime!

Emily said...

I love how active you all are! Its awesome :) I love your baby;s smile it is so refreshing.

Emily said...

I would love to be set up! :) my email address is emdaisy@gmail.com, if you email me then I can send you my number for him to call me. I would rather not post it :) Thanks for thinking of me!

The Little family said...

WoW!! What a beautiful hike!!! OMG!! Hailee's 9 month pics are sooo cute, I can hardly stand it!! She is such a pretty baby girl!! Heard you took them, dang gettin' all pro!!

Emily said...

Were you were hiking looks just like where we camp as an Aragon family every year. I totally recongnize those fun, disgusting toilets. HAHAHA!

Mike & Michelle said...

So fun! I love checking out your blog! So fun to keep updated! What a darling family! When are you coming to visit Utah? Love to see you guys!

Michelle

Ashley said...

Awe thanks, those pictures were really fun to do!! She didn't mind sitting in the flower pot at all!! She was such a trooper :)
I heard you found the costume picture I was telling you about on etsy and are making it for Hailee!! Oh no..they are going to be the same exact thing!! haha!! That's funny!!