Sunday, July 6, 2008

Raining in July???

For the Fourth of July weekend, we went up to Gig Harbor, Washington to stay with Gregg's family. We had a great time! On the 4th, we went over to Carie's house and had a BBQ and fireworks show. Hailee did really good with the fireworks until they started getting bigger and louder, then she started to cry so we took her back inside. We ended up leaving early because it was an hour drive back to Gig Harbor and Hailee wasn't enjoying it anymore. During our stay up there, Gregg and I went on the most amazing trail run right in the forest! I regret not taking my camera with me because it was the most gorgeous run I have EVER been on! Next time I will definitely take it! We had a great time and look forward to going back again! Thanks Grandma "Duh" and "Pa" for having us come up and stay with you guys!

Leaving California

Waiting for the plane
Daughter like Father...gotta love that Snickers bar!
Hailee and her cousin Ellie! Hailee absolutely LOVED her!
This is Hailee's new face she makes! So hilarious!
Grandma Marcia and Hailee

Fourth of July.... playing outside until it got dark for the fireworks
All of the cousins
It's almost time for the fireworks!
Great Grandma Larson and Gregg
Hailee already learning how to work with tools


We went walking around Gig Harbor and it started raining like crazy! Who ever thought that it would rain in July??? We absolutely LOVED it! Such a nice break from the SoCal 105 degree heat!
Gregg, Hailee, Ellie, Tara (sister) and Marcia
Too Cute! Tara bought them matching jackets!
At a cute store
One of the many houses that I LOVED!

16 comments:

Sundbergs said...

Looks like an awesome trip. I bet he break from the heat was great.

Kelly said...

Looks like a fun time! Love Hailee's new jacket and I LOVE that last house too! So cute!

Jenn said...

What a FUN trip!! Its always fun to visit family. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new haircut!! I know I already told you that but it looks so cute.

Lisa and Mark said...

Your daughter is so cute, and I'm SUCH a fan of your haircut!

Monica said...

How fun! What a great trip.
So, I finally made it to church and you and Rachel were gone! ha ha......sigh. =)

Rachel Kirk said...

looks like you had fun. glad to have you home! see ya soon

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good 4th, we had a great one too. No rain of course, just heat heat heat.

Amanda said...

Wow, looks like you guys did a lot and had fun. Rain in July would totally throw me off though.
I love Hailee's new scrunchy face. Too cute.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun!!! It is always so so nice to get away for a vacation, Im glad you guys got to do that. Im sure it was nice for Gregg to see his fam too. I can kinda see Gregg's mom in Hailee in the pic where she is holding her.
O and the pic of Hailee with the snickers bar is so cute and her eyes look AMAZING!!! She sure is a really really beautiful kidddo!

Emily said...

It looks like it was tyhe perfect trip! I love seeing houses and new things to look at!

Trent and Kristi said...

how fun! I'm sure it was a nice break from the HEAT! By the way I LOVE your hair - so cute!

Jill Duncan said...

How fun, and how nice to have a change of weather!! You are a pro at flying with babies now :)

jeanine said...

Looks like a great trip! You were lucky to take a break from the heat... we were in Corona over the 4th of July and it was dang HOT!

The Hansons said...

its looks like you guys had such a blast up there! You guys are thee most attractive looking family! I love your new hair... i actually chopped mine off myself. short hair rocks! i miss you guys!

Ashley said...

She is such a pretty and happy baby!! Her little outfit at Rachel's was so cute that I decided to make Ella a tutu. I made it the way I was telling you, it turned out really cute, I'll have to post a pic :) Girl stuff is fun :)

Alison said...

It looks like a fun trip, even in the rain. I bet everyone enjoyed getting to see Hailee.