Monday, July 21, 2008

Our life...

I was reading one of my friend’s blog posts and she had said that you could get your blog bound into a book. So, since I hate scrapbooking and writing in journals, but I LOVE blogging, this is now going to be our "scrapbook/journal". So bear with me because I am going to be posting ALOT more pictures and random things that go on in our lives...especially Hailee's. So, what has been going on with the Hardy Family? I’ll start from the past and work our way to what we have been up to most recently.


On June 15th, Hailee’s FIRST tooth came in! It was so exciting! Then her second tooth came in about a week later! She looks so cute with her two pearly white teeth!
On July 11th, Hailee hit a HUGE milestone! She started crawling! It was so cute because at first, she would crawl with one leg straight out and the other one under her body. It was kind of like a tri-pod crawl. It only took her a few days to really get the “crawling thing” down. Now she crawls everywhere! It is so much fun and we absolutely LOVE that she is crawling! Other than the fact that we haven’t baby proofed the house yet, it does make everything so much EASIER because she is able to get to where she wants to go! Along with her crawling, she has also learned how to pull herself up on everything.
A few weeks ago for the first time, I went in Hailee’s room to get her out of bed, and she was sitting up playing with her toys! I couldn’t believe it! She is like Little Miss Independent now! Now she is standing up in her crib waiting for us to come and get her! It’s so amazing how fast they grow up!
The weekend of July 12th my Grandpa Ginos came into town. This same weekend our cousin Sheri and her daughter Alyssa were also in town. It was a lot of fun! We met up with everyone and went out to lunch. That evening, everyone came over for swimming and Wii.


Proof that Hailee LOVES her walker. She wore holes in her socks!
This past Saturday, July 19th, we met up with our friends Josh, Jessica and Riley Fisher at the beach. Other than the fact that it was FREEZING cold, we ended up in sweatshirts and Hailee wasn’t a fan of the whole beach experience, we had a lot of fun! We only stayed at the beach for a few hours, and then we headed to Denny’s to get some nice WARM food. Can you believe that? A freezing cold day at the beach in July? We sure cant!

Thinking about if she likes the sand...

First time in the ocean....it was SOOOO COLD!Daddy helping her get her feet wet...not quite sure if she's diggin this whole COLD water thing...Nope...she doesn't! I don't blame her though!
Watching her lil friend Riley with her dad Josh out in the water. Riley LOVES the ocean! She is one tough little girl!

Our little mermaid
Last night, July 20th, we went to Kip and Sarah’s house for dinner. It was a lot of fun! Hailee and their dog Echo loved each other! I was honestly shocked that Hailee wasn’t afraid of him at all! But why would she? She isn’t afraid of the vacuum, broom or any crazy thing that most babies are afraid of! She is sure a brave one!



14 comments:

The Ward Family said...

I loved your post! Do u know where u can bind it in a book? I would love to do that. I can't believe she sat that long while you guys made her into a mermaid. That was really cute. We should hang out again soon.

Traci Elizabeth said...

Thats funny, Hailee and Boston got their first tooth at the same time and they are like 5 months apart!!!

I love the mermaid picture...super cute.

Amanda said...

I too am using the blog as a family journal. Such a fun and easy thing to do.
I love all the pictures. Is it not amazing how fast they grow and learn. Once they start moving, they figure out so much so fast.
She truely is a beautiful little girl. We need to get together at Sarah and Kip's house again!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, I love all the cute updates. Miss Hailee is growing up so fast. It's such a good idea to keep an online journal!!

Emily said...

That is a great post and I love all the little stories! Can you tell me how I get my blog into a book? I also am a fan of the mermaid picture it is very cute and creative!

Todd Family said...

hey..she is so cute! she looks like a really happy baby! next time you guys come down to the beach you should stop by. we are living in costa mesa now (right by the orange county fair.) Hope all is well!

Kelly said...

I'm so excited to know that you can get your blog bound into a book! I've been blogging in place of Derek's baby book too and was just going to print it all out. Let me know the details on getting it bound when you get a chance!

Love the pic of Hailee the mermaid!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Way to go Hailee on crawling! :) That's awesome! Reed isn't crawling yet! I think its cause he is so chunky! I'm pretty sure its hard for him to bare all his weight on his arms and legs! :) I totally think Hailee is starting to look so much like you Laurie! And in that one picture at the beach, her hair looks super blonde! How fun!

Sundbergs said...

I lvoe that post looks great. The beach looks fun. So I want to know how to bind it in a book. Also we need to get together some time soon.

BL said...

I want to see how your book turns out, I've heard about this and always wondered!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love all of the pictures, I seriously LOVE that Hailee let you guys make her into a mermaid! It is probably because she loves the pool water so much, I guess not such a fan of the ocean. I also love the Echo pictures with her too. She is seriously SO BRAVE, he is a good boy but he looks HUGE next to her! Loved having you all over and seeing you all yesterday. I look forward to this whole hanging out more thing!

The Hansons said...

I love the pictures of Hailee! I cant believe how much she is growing! You guys look so happy! Im so jealous of your beach pictures! I miss CA! So how do you get your blog binded into a journal? I would love to do that too!

Kelly said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on still being my freind if I get a minivan! LOL! I hate the idea SO MUCH! But I know it will be so much easier!

Emily said...

Girl you don't even look like you had a baby at all. Gwen just got her first tooth and I was so sad because she is growing up to fast already. What a cute family!