Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wow....we have been busy!

These past couple of weeks have been so BUSY! Gregg has been working a lot, and when he isn't at work, he has been studying alot. They sure do know how to make the "rookie" year hard! But he is doing great and we are so proud of him and love him so much!

Daddy/Daughter moment
Hailee wearing her "Anaheim Firefighter" onsie that Daddy got for her
While Gregg has been busy with work, my Mom and I have been busy opening the "Fire House Fitness Personal Training Studio"! It has been so much fun and now we are able to train all of our clients in it! We love it and so do they!



Lastly, my Mom and I have been training for our 1st marathon! This past Sunday, June 1st, We ran the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon! I couldn't say this at the time, but now that it's over, it was fun! During the race, it was HARD! I honestly didn't think it would be hard because our training runs weren't' that bad, and our longest run was 24 miles! But, Whatever! I have to say that we did do an awesome job, considering that we ended up running 27.55 miles (From having to weave in and out of everyone to pass them). I definitely want to do another one now!
We stayed the night before down in San Diego. We had so much fun! On Sunday morning we had to be up by 4:15 and on the shuttle by 5am, and we knew it would be cold so we went to Target and both bought the most hideous big shirts we could find to keep up warm! But hey, they were only $3.00 each, and once we warmed up during the race, we threw them to the side of the road!
At 5:45 am, waiting for the race to start And we're off!
K, so every mile they had bands playing and cheer leaders! We thought these cheerleaders were the best! Those guys sure do have guts to be prancing around in lil mini skirts! And.......we made it to the finish line! Yeah!

This was definitely such an awesome experience, to be able to run my first marathon with my Mom! Thanks Mom! You're the greatest!


16 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW!! thats awesome! I have a goal to do that at least once in my life.

Jenn said...

27 MILES? that is so crazy... I cant even make 1 mile. You guys rock! Looks like fun... for you guys :) I also love the fact that you guys bought some cheap shirts and threw them to the side of the road when you got hot.

The Murdocks said...

Dang! That is awesome you ran it with your mom. I complain about running 3 miles a day. I don't know if I could do 27! The personal training studio looks awesome. Sometimes I wish I could have a personal trainer. I need someone to give me an extra push!

Emily said...

I can't even run half a mile. I hate running. Props to you and your mom. You sound like a busy little mamma!!!!

Anonymous said...

Laurie...you are my fitness hero! Seriously, you look so good. When I grow up, can I look like that after a baby...shoot even before a baby. I wish I lived closer so you could get me all motivated at stuff...but I guess for now I'll continue to watch hours of TV and eat chips :-)

The Ward Family said...

Congrats! Good job. My sister in law Katrina, ran one and it looked so hard! That must have felt so good to cross the finish line.

Emily said...

Your all so amazing!!! I wish I had the desire to run that much!!! Your training place looks great. I would do it if I lived in Corona and could afford it! Have a great day :)

Emily said...

Your all so amazing!!! I wish I had the desire to run that much!!! Your training place looks great. I would do it if I lived in Corona and could afford it! Have a great day :)

Sundbergs said...

Wow awesome job. I love your cheap shirts.

Kelly said...

Good job you guys! And congrats on the studio, it looks great!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Congrats you guys on everything you are accomplishing! The studio is AMAZING!! I got to see it in person yesterday and wow, quite impressive for sure!
Also how cool is that that you and your mom got to share such a cool and special experience, I am so glad you did that together and now it is my turn to start running with you guys again, seriously, I NEED IT!!! Congrats!

jeanine said...

CONGRATS! You guys are awesome!

Amanda said...

Geeze, you guys have been busy. That is so nice that things are going well for Gregg. I can't believe how much you guys have moved forward with the Fire-House Fitness, and you are just insane for being able to run a marathon when you have a 6 month old :) I could never do that!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Way to go Laurie! A marathon? That's awesome! Look's like you and your mom had a blast! What a good experience and fun memory! And how fun about the fire house fitness! That sounds like a lot of fun for you! Totally something I can see you doing! :) It looks great! And Hailee is just cute as ever! She is really starting to look more and more like you I think!

Anonymous said...

K...that's FREAKIN AWESOME!! K.. Did you cut your hair cause it looks short...and I LOVE it!! ;) CUTE!! Ummm...so you and your mom are quite crazy to run that!! I give you BIG PROPS!! GOOD JOB!!!

Trent and Kristi said...

Congrats on the marathon - that is such an accomplishment! It's always more fun to do with someone - and looks like you & your mom had a blast! Good job!!! Thinking about doing that just makes me tired!

The gym looks great - what a project! That is so fun to do something like that - and sooo much work! I hope it all goes well!