Wednesday, August 11, 2010

4 years...and then some....

This month has already felt so busy! I can't believe its almost half way over! Ahh!!
Anyways, August 5th was our FOUR year anniversary! Its been a wonderful yet challenging four years. So much has changed, but the best part has been bringing our two beautiful children into our lives!
For our anniversary, Gregg asked me what I wanted, and I told him that I truly, honestly wanted to go on a night run on Skyline! It had been so long since him and I have just gone out and done something like this, so he agreed. And oh my gosh...we had a blast! We had our head lamps on and were ready to hit the mountain! We got to the top at sunset and it was absolutely beautiful! On our way up we had a coyote run right across the road in front of us and we saw a huge tarantula!

The weather was absolutely perfect too!

We were so excited to be out celebrating that we jumped for joy!

(And I'll tell you one thing...I am not a good jumper at all! This was like the 10th try that I finally got both feet OFF of the ground at the same time! No wonder why I was never a cheer leader! lol)

Starting our run down... excuse my weird expression, but I wanted to show a picture with the head lamp on. We had such a blast and look forward to our next night run adventure!

I find myself running out of time to do several small posts, so I just end up cranking out one large post instead....so here's some more pictures....
Hailee seriously loves to be held so many different ways! Either by standing on Gregg's shoulders, hands or behind held upside down! She is one funny girl!
Me and my little bud

I just love sleeping pictures. And if you are wondering...yes, that is a pink and black polka dot pack in play he is in....we bought this for Hailee...and now I am kicking myself for not buying a neutral one! Oh well!


Hailee is seriously such a girlie girl! We find her sleeping like this all of the time! Legs crossed and hand up by her head! She is such a little princess!


Daddy and his boy
My Dad's birthday was August 1st. We had a birthday party at my parents house and it was a BLAST! It was also Jake's "First" time in the pool! (He has had his toes in several times, but never fully in.) He loved it!


Happy Birthday to the most amazing, wonderful Dad. He truly is such a great example, friend and the bestest Grandpa ever!
We played "Minute to Win It" games at the party. They were H-Y-S-T-E-R-I-C-A-L!!!!
We had two teams....
"The Momma Mafia"


and "The Daddy Dudes"


I just have to say, the Momma Mafia WON!!! Woot woot!
Playing "Moving on Up!" (I won!)
Separation Anxiety (Sarah won)
Brooke made up her own game....I'm not quite sure what she named this game though...

"Breakfast Scramble" (Dad won)


Paper Dragon (I won)


We had such a fun time and was so happy that my Dad had such an enjoyable birthday! We love you Dad/Grandpa!
Lastly, Hailee has made a new best friend. I met her Mom at the pool and now these girls can't get enough of each other. They are 6 months apart and just have so much fun together!
Hailee and Kylie




4 comments:

Jessica said...

cute pictures. Love the one of you and jake he is such a cutie! P.s. We just celebrated me and my brothers bday, my stepdad, step brother and moms bday and we also played minute to win it...ill try to get videos from it, it was the funniest thing I've ever done in my LIFE!

Erin said...

happy anniversary. I LOVE love!!!! you guys have two adorable children and looks like you guys are enjoying the milestones with them.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Super cute post and pictures! I tend to do HUGE posts too these days because I can't get time in for all the little ones. Gotta work on that. Either way just as long as they get on here right because you know SOME DAY we will acutally make these into books right?
Happy late Anniversary again! Glad you guys had "simple" fun! That is what matters anyway right? :) Love the rest of the shots too! Ha my kid is CRAZY by the way!

The Little family said...

Oh my goodness Jake looks so grown up in the picture of you and him! And Happy Anniversary..the hike sounds like a lot fun. I hike the mills hike in Claremont with Ashton in the jogging stroller it's killer! People look at me like I'm crazy for taking my stroller up lol! but it gives me one hell of a work out;)


ps The picture of the kids at the top of your blog is really cute.. AShton has the same sweatshirt. Love it..it's too cute right!