Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A night to remember...

(Something I don't want to forget)
Tonight Hailee and I had a Mommy/Daughter night out. We started the night with a little Christmas shopping. I was hesitant on how long I wanted to stay out because it seems like when ever I have Hailee with me, it just becomes more work than success, but tonight was completely different! She was the easiest girl! Usually she is always pulling clothes off the racks and hanging them back up and re organizing everything, but tonight she held my hand and helped me look at the stuff I needed to look at.
After about an hour of shopping, we were both getting hungry, and since we were a ways away from home, I decided we would hit CPK . It was so much fun! We talked and laughed the entire time we ate! There was an older couple sitting across the isle from us and they commented on how darling she was and that it looked like we were having such a great time! We definitely were!
After dinner, we held hands and went outside and looked at the huge Christmas tree in front of the mall! She absolutely LOVES Christmas lights and everything that has to do with the holiday! I decided to continue on with our shopping since we were having so much fun!
We skipped, ran and laughed all through out the mall. By this point I actually was over the whole shopping thing, but I wasn't over having so much fun with my little girl! We stayed at the mall until close, and then continued out to the car laughing and having so much fun.
Hailee is such an amazing daughter and I am truly blessed to have her. She brings so much joy and love into our family, and times like these, I never want to forget. She is amazing.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

You're such an amazing mommy. =)

Emily said...

That is so beautiful and gives me so much to look forward to when I have a little girl! :)

Leanna said...

Super special! I can't wait for special moments like that. That is so good before another one comes too. Happy Holidays!

AmandaFienPhotography said...

Awwwwww...I can't wait for that with Griffin! Sounds like you had so much fun!

Wheeler Family said...

How fun! I love moments like that...makes all the hard times worth it!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Laurie that is so sweet! I look forward to the days that Brooke is that big but Love it! Sweet post!