Sunday, December 20, 2009

Goodbye Running!

I am a little sad to know that I am no longer allowed to run during my pregnancy. (Well, until my next ultra sound, according to the doctor). I went in for my 20 week ultra sound and the following day I had a missed phone call from my doctor. I was thinking the worst, of course (Wouldn't we all!?!). I called my doctor back and he said that everything with the baby is looking wonderful! Growing normal and looks as healthy as can be. The only concern was with my placenta because it's "low-lying". (Which is a worry to him because I have had a previous complication earlier last month). Anyways, he told me I can continue to work out and I asked him about my running, and he told me that I need to keep it to walking for now, or until my next ultra sound appointment to make sure that the placenta moves upward. So, we will see what happens. But the good thing is that I really don't mind turning my runs into walks. I'll do anything just to make sure that I have a healthy little baby and a safe pregnancy!
So, with all of that being said....meet our little son, Jake!
(These were taken at 16 weeks)
I know the 3-D images look a little scary, but the tech wanted to show us what a baby really looks like at this stage! How awesome!
Precious



9 comments:

Jenn said...

I had placenta previa too with Brayden, it can be very dangerous so take it easy. I wasn't allowed to do any exercising or lifting and they had to move me to working part time. Mine ended up moving around 7 1/2 months......listen to your doc, not something to mess with! Glad baby Jake is healthy as can be!

The Hansons said...

i cant imagine you not running! but im glad that everything is looking good! excited to see you guys soon!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Hello there Baby Jake! Those are super cute pictures! I totally agree that you gotta do what you gotta do to make sure the little guy is safe and sound as well as yourself. Great attitude! I am sure you will be fine. Glad to know all is going well with the little guy!

Jessica said...

I agree with sarah, great attitude about it, i know how much you love your runs...just remember the awesome stat my dr gave me 95% chance it WILL move :)
p.s. i love the ultrasound-the black and white one-i dont' know what's going on with the first lol

Emily said...

I give you credit for wanting to even run or walk for that matter. Take it easy because you can always run afterwards. How fun to be having a little boy!!!

Sundbergs said...

Good job listening to the doc they know best. glad all is well with the baby.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you are taking it easy! Can't wait to meet little Jakey! He's a babe already I can tell... ha

Trent and Kristi said...

I know how you feel - I had the same problem with my last pregnancy. It DID move up so I had no problems with the delivery, but in the meantime I had to cut out running earlier in my pregnancy than I wanted to. I am sure it will move up for you too, so try not to worry TOO much! Good luck!

Amanda said...

It's at least good to know what is going on and what you need to do to keep you and the baby safe. Hang in there and enjoy an excuse to take it easy :) And cute ultrasound pics...how exciting!