Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Whole LOT of NEW Adventures!


There have been so many "New Adventures" these past couple of weeks with our family! It has been so much fun! Hailee is continuing to grow and amaze us so much everyday! She is such a character and has so much personality!
Hailee loves to steal Bailey's (the dog) bed from him. The other morning he was asleep in it and Hailee sat right down in front of it and started poking him. That didn't wake him up so she took her binki out of her mouth and started shoving it in his! (Don't worry, I washed it really good after wards!) He opened his eyes and groaned but still didn't move. Finally she got fed up with him enough that she picked up his paw, dropped it, picked it up,dropped it, and finally he got so annoyed that he got up and went downstairs! Hailee was so happy! She drug his bed down the hall and sat in it. I picked her up to put a towel under her so she would stay clean, and she hung out in the bed the whole time I did my hair and make up! I don't know what it is about Bailey's bed, but she LOVES it!
Some mornings Hailee is a stinker and won't sit in her high chair to eat breakfast....so I decided to let her start eating breakfast at her own table...and she LOVES it! So, almost every breakfast now is eaten here!

Hailee is "Just Chillin" with her breakfast!
We have a climber for a daughter! Anything she can get a toe hold on, she climbs up. And if she can't, then she will find a chair to move over to where she is so she can get what she wants! The other morning she kept having us hold her up to the microwave so she could play, then when we weren't in there, she decided she could do it on her own! When we came back in the room to check on her, this is what we found!

These next are just a couple of cute pictures of her!

This next one if more of a new adventure for Daddy. We'll call it "Daddy Day Care!' This past Thursday night Gregg watched Hailee and her friend Deacon while Shannon and I were at the studio working out. It started off hard...this was Deacon's first time being with a babysitter who wasn't family, and Hailee was hungry. They both started crying but Gregg did an awesome job! He was able to feed both, wash their hands, and got them having so much fun! Even Grandpa joined in on the fun! It was so cute see Gregg playing with the kids and having the kids being so happy! Great job Gregg! Love you babe!
And lastly, on Friday (2/20) we went snowboarding with the Moyer's and we brought the kids! I'm not going to lie, I was really nervous with bringing Hailee. I knew that she would not have a nap, or her toys and that we would be gone the entire day! When we got there, the guys let Shannon and I hit the slope first, and after an hour of boarding, we switched with the guys. Then we went as couples! It was so much fun! The snow was actually really good and the weather was perfect! We didn't have to wear jackets or gloves!
The day ended up being AWESOME! Hailee and Deacon did so good! Neither of them fussed, they both took naps for a while, and the LOVED playing outside of the lodge! We are so excited to go back now! It was also so cool because there were so many families there with little kids and the parents would just switch out! I never even knew that families with little kids would still go snowboarding with their kids there! Guess I never paid attention, but now that we have a little one....I have realized that everyone does it!
"Hey you...over there....SLOW DOWN!!!!"
It definitely has been so fun with these new adventures in life! Can't wait to see what this week brings!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Those are such fun pictures and I am glad you are able to do what you love!

Heidi said...

isnt it amazing what they start doing and preferring (like her little breakfast table). I always think... "jackson's too young to think _____ or to do _____"

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow looks like and sounds like so much fun all of it!
Love all the new things little Hailee is getting into and it just gets me so excited for our little girl! It is amazing how fast they grown up though! WOW!
Way to go Gregg for being a great babysitter to two little toddlers that is impressive!
And LOVE that you got to go boarding and good to know that parents do that all the time. It is good to know that life does not need to stop, people just make it stop.

Todd Family said...

Man, I'm so jealous..about snowboarding of course. Keven and I use to go at least 4 times a week in Utah. We've never gone in California. I guess because we've been really spoiled in Utah and now we are scared to spend money for crap snow. it's good to know it's decent. At least we are going when we go to Utah in March! YAY! :)

The Ward Family said...

How fun! There was a lot of snow! Let's hang out this week! That's hilarious with the chair.

Shannon said...

ha... that cracks me up thinking of gregg with both of them crying at the same time! How do people have twins??? That was so sweet of him to watch Deek... I wish we took more pics Friday, such a fun day!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Sounds like a fun week! I think Hailee's pig tails are sooooooo cute!

Kelly said...

Looks like fun! Can Greg come babysit my 3 kids??

The Hardy's said...

Thanks for doing such a wonderful blog sweetie. I really love it. As for me babysitting.......um, no. It wasn't that bad. We had our fun. Deek is a good kid and Hailee is just a busy kid.

Amanda said...

Way to go Gregg...not every man could have stepped up to the plate like that :)
And what a funny little girl Hailee is. Determined! That is what I like to see. Reminds me a bit of my own. It may mean they get into a whole lot now, but it is nice to know there is a strong, bold personality in there. She is a cutie!

Trent and Kristi said...

I have been so wanting to go snowboarding, but don't know how to do that with bfeeding, but you make me realize I can totaly do it! We could just take turns watching the kids! I'm so going to do that now! How much fun that looked!

I love how independent she is getting - she is turning into a little person!!!