Friday, February 6, 2009

Something I never want to forget...

I love my little girl to pieces! Especially the touching moments that we share together. One of my favorite times I spend with her is when I am rocking her to sleep. There is nothing better than to hold her close, looking down at her and seeing how peaceful she is. It really takes your breath away. Tonight was especially one of those unforgettable nights. As I was rocking her, I was running my fingers through her hair. She was cuddled up close to me, her eyes part way open, and then she opened her eyes all the way, and put her hand next to my head and starting running her fingers through my hair. Moments like these make you realize what a blessing the smallest things in life can be and that sometimes its the small things that truly let you know that you are loved. I definitely don't want to forget the time we shared tonight. She really is the sweetest thing ever!

(And I can't do a post with out adding pictures, so here are a couple of pictures from today!)

10 comments:

Emily said...

THat is the sweetest story ever, in that moment, you made me excited to one day hold my babies! :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is so cute and so precious, I can't wait till our little girl can do stuff like that. Wow how touching and those are the most amazing things about being a mommy are moments like those. So glad we all got to hang out tonight and so glad Hailee is going to have a little partner in crime!

Leanna said...

Precious Laurie! I can't wait to have those moments with my baby girl. How special to think all the little things like that! Thanks for sharing!

The Ward Family said...

So sweet! Rocking Jocelynn to sleep is one of my favorite moments also. Hailee really is so sweet and I bet she is imitating how sweet you are to her! You're such a good mom.

Traci Elizabeth said...

She is so sweet. Great jacket!

Jeni said...

Can we talk about how fabulous her outfit is??
I love moments like that. Your story made my eyes well up!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, those pic's of them are to die for. It was so fun to see you guys yesterday! The only thing about having a sick baby is the cuddle factor... love that story. I'm so glad she is better and ready to party with Deek this week!

BL said...

being a mommy is the greatest ever. Toughest, but greatest!! thanks for sharing your precious moment.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

That is really sweet! IT's moments like those that keep us going during hard times! :)

The Hansons said...

i love the biceps picture! i nearly fell to pieces when i saw that. you two are so cute! it makes me wanna have a little girl of my own!