Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where Have the Hardy's Been?!?

So I know that it has only been a few weeks since our last post, but for me, it feels like it has been FOREVER! I have been such a SLACKER! So, now it's time for an update!
Hailee has a new "best friend"! His name is Deacon. He is such a stud and they are seriously SO CUTE together! His Mom Shannon and I always laugh and joke around that they will marry one day! It is just so much fun having them and us as friends! (Jan. 23. '09)



Deacon giving Hailee her first kiss!


I forgot the exact dates, but Gregg made a trip up to Washington to visit some of his family. He loved playing with his niece Eli and nephew Skyler!

The past week Hailee has been sick (again!) She had a 104 degree temperature and wasn't sleeping during the nights. It definitely made it hard on me! On Sunday night, Hailee woke up around 10:30pm screaming! I couldn't figure out what was going on. I tried calming her down, and after about a half an hour, she finally became calm. She was dripping in sweat and then she would start shaking! Gregg was at work, and I was so scared! I decided I would take her to the emergency room to get her checked out. Big mistake! Okay, so I never realized how many people have "emergencies" because when my Dad and I got there , which was about a little after 11pm, it was packed full of people! They waiting room was filled and there were people laying out in the hallways! We checked her in and they couldn't tell us how long it would be. There was only one doctor on. I talked to another mom who was there with her son and they had been waiting for over 2 hours already! After an hour of waiting, we decided to just go home and try to get her back to sleep and take her to her doctor in the morning. On Monday, I was able to get her in to the doctors and she checked out pretty good- no ear aches or sore throat (isn't that how is always happens? The day you take your kid in they are all of sudden doing much better! lol) but he is thinking it is another UTI since she had the same symptoms as the last time she had one. So, now we are waiting for the results from the lab! It's always so hard to see her in so much pain and not know how to make her feel better. We love her so much and hopes she gets 100% feeling better!

Hailee playing on the storage container lid

On Tuesday, we decided to take her down to the studio to get out of the house for a while since she had been home all weekend sick. She had so much fun! (Good sign she is feeling much better!) I have to admit, we have a strong little girl! She was in Heaven doing bicep curls, chasing the swiss balls around, and she even tried doing military presses with the hand weights! It was so funny because when she raised her arms above her shoulders, the weight toppled her over backwards! We didn't have to coach her into doing any of the moves, she just already knew what to do! She is definitely going to be the 3rd generation of girls in the fitness field!


And lastly, this is a picture from this morning! She is such a doll!

9 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute girl! She is adorable and that is a bummer about her being sick, that would scare any Mother! She is already working on her fitness! How fun!

Monica said...

Collin was sick too! I hate not being able to make him feel better. I am glad hailee is feeling better!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

So glad she is feeling better and WOW on all that fittness stuff she can already do just naturally. CRAZY it must run in the blood!
Well she is cute as ever and her little boyfriend is handsome as ever too! Way to go girl!

Jeni said...

I love the pics of her lifting weights! Hilarious!
I am dying seeing Hailee in shorts and a tank top... Olivia is in 3 layers everyday, not including her coat when we go out. We are moving to Southern CA in August and I CAN'T WAIT to be warm all winter!

The Ward Family said...

Thanks for the update. I always check your blog, I love seeing how things are going. Her little boyfriend, I mean friend (Sorry Gregg :) is so cute. I love the picture of the weights. That's a bummer with being sick. The same thing happened with me with Jocelynn. She had been crying a lot through out the night (screaming) I took her in and she was playing around in the room. I thought for sure it was an ear infection, of course it was not. Hopefully, she does not have another UTI.

Amanda said...

'Tis the season for being sick. Poor little one. Hang in there Hailee. You are going to have one tuff little chick there...already chomping at the bit to get out there and lift some weights. Too cute. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Heidi said...

OH my goodness. so sorry to hear she wasnt feeling so well. I saw on your facebook, that you had made a trip to the ER.
SHe is so cute with those weights. Of course she would be doing that... she is TOTALLY your daughter! ;O)

Sundbergs said...

Glad that she is feeling better. Sick kids is the worst. She looks so cute working out.

lisaray said...

I love Hailee with the weights! Great! So cute! I'm so glad she's feeing better now. Everything's awful when the little ones are sick.