Friday, January 9, 2009

What a SCARE!!!!

Wow...I think today was the first time I have really had a "scare" with Hailee! This morning we were out in our car cleaning it. Hailee was up in the front seat staying busy with the radio controls and I was in the back seat polishing the leather seats. Once I finished the back seats, I got out, closed the door and was going to clean the front seats, when CLICK! She locked the doors on me, and the keys were INSIDE! I stood there for a second, and then I realized "Oh my GOSH! She is LOCKED INSIDE with the KEYS!" I honestly had no clue if we had a spare key, and if we did, I didn't know where it was! I ran inside, and thankfully Gregg had just gotten home from work and barely fallen asleep, so I woke him up and told him! He ran outside thinking we had a spare underneath the car and he couldn't find it! I was about to call the police! At this point Hailee was crying and hitting the window trying to get out! It was so sad and scary! Gregg then remembered that we had a spare key in the safe so he ran and got it and....wallah....he rescued Hailee!
What a scare that was! I was so happy Gregg was home to find the spare key. I definitely will remember to always keep my keys ON me and not in the car with Hailee!
Hailee says "Thanks Daddy for rescuing me! I love you!"

6 comments:

The Ward Family said...

That would be scary. I'm glad Gregg was home, that would have been even more scary if he wasn't.

The Hansons said...

that is way scary, especially to see her get scared and cry like that too. Im glad everyone is ok!!

Kelly said...

I haven't had that happen, but I've heard it so many times happening to other people. Good thing you found the spare!

Wendy Delgado said...

Wow! Its so scary when that happens! When our Hailey was little I went down to HB with a friend and she had done the same thing but we had poped the trunk before we had lock the doors( thank goodnes well to make a long story short we had to cut one of the seatbelt to allow the seat to fold down (it was stuck) and all was well but it was scary!!!!! I was ready to brake a window!

John and Danielle said...

Funny story for you. When Giana was about 2 years old I locked my keys in the car with it running. It was like 6:30 in the morning and snowing!I had to get Giana to use her foot to unlock the doors for me! It took her a good 10 min. but she did it. A year later she still talks about it!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok that would freak me out too, glad it all ended up ok. Sad but chalk that up to another good story to tell her when she is older right?