Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We wish you all a wonderful 2009!

Wow....2009 is HERE! We are so excited! 2008 was definitely a year full of new experiences and so many changes for us! Not only did we have a newborn, but we made a HUGE move out to California! We have had some major bumps in the road since living here, but we are so happy to have one another, our beautiful daughter and our family who is here to love and support us in everything that we do! We are really excited for this new year to start and to see where it takes us!
Here are just a few things we are looking forward to this year!
1) Running a half marathon this month (Laurie)
2) Gregg testing with a couple of fire departments this month (pray he will get one of them)
3) Gregg and Laurie doing an Adventure Race together
4) Hailee entering Nursery
5) Hailee continuing to grow and talk more
6) Our 3 Year Anniversary
7) Gregg turning 31
8) Laurie turning 26
9) Hailee turning 2
10) Hopefully moving into a house!

Well, those are just a few of the things we have going on this year so far. This list could go on forever!
Anyways, I'm going to post this (mainly because I will be more likely to stick to it with everyone knowing) but....for the whole month of January I am giving up all chocolate/sweets/junk food! I totally let myself go during December (but I wont lie...I did enjoy eating all of the holiday yummies!) BUT....now it's time to get back on track! So, I'm just giving them up for good! I'm ready to feel healthy again! One of my other goals are to run the half marathon next week, to run a race in April and in May (they are both adventure races) and then I want to run at least 2 more 1/2 marathons sometime in the fall. So, I will definitely be staying busy and I am really hoping I can run all of these! Last year I had a goal of running a marathon and a half, and I only ended up doing one of them (the marathon). So this year I want to be better!
We are definitely looking forward to this wonderful year! Our families saying for 2009 is: "Feel The Fear and Then Do It Anyway!" So, that is what we will be doing!

BOYS CAN BE BOYS....
Well, to catch up from last week, Gregg went shooting and exploring mines with my Dad, Rick, Kip and his father and brother in law. They had so much fun! They had a great time! I'm so glad that they all have so much fun together!

11 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

I didn't realize that Gregg wasn't with anaheim anymore...what happened??

I hope he gets on with someone else soon and that you guys can have a wonderful 2009!! good luck with your marathons!

AmandaFienPhotography said...

Can you believe that we are going to be 26 this year! But you have 10 months...I only have 5 1/2 weeks! I don't believe we are this old! This little boy better come out very soon!

Todd Family said...

That's exciting! Good job! I have to know what an "Adventure Race" is. Maybe Kev and I can do one too! :)

Emily said...

I hope everything works out this year for you. I too have a list of goals for this year, and the first on my list is buying our first HOUSE!!! Happy New Year!

Trent and Kristi said...

I have been meaning to post a comment on all of your posts - you are so good about posting pictures and what is going on! Looks like you guys had fun holidays! I meant to tell you that those caramel/candy apples seriously look SO SO SO good! Yummy! I'm going to try those sometime! Good job on all your goal setting - I have yet to think about this next year, but I better start soon! I hope it all goes well - and that you get all your races in. Way to be ambitious - I'm just hoping for ONE this year!

The Ward Family said...

Your goals sound great. I haven't made any for 2009 yet. It'll be another fun year.

The Little family said...

Happy New Year!! Disneyland here we come! We should hang out soon, glad you had a great Christmas!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I did not even know they took pictures out there, I love it and will have to steal some of your shots!
Well love your new years resolutions, I think I will have to write mine down on here too so I am more accountable to stick to them! Great idea.
I still give you props for running that marathon and would have to say you in no way whimped out this year, you are so stinkin hard core. I look forward to all the great things that are going to happen for you in this fun year to come!
Love it Feal the Fear and Do it Anyway, SO YOUR FAMILY!!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I want to hear about these adventure races too??? How far are they??? I wannna do one if it is not too long, prego or not!

BL said...

happy new year you guys!

Dan and Heather said...

Hey Laurie,
I just signed up for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run on June 13th. It is a 10K with lots of other fun stuff...I know there are still some spots open if you are interested in it!
Heather