Sunday, April 13, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun





Hailee, my Mom and I decided that we needed a quick get-away trip this past week. We packed up our bags and hit the road to go visit my Grandparents in Arizona at their winter home. They live in a retired community on the golf course! They have everything there that you can imagine doing- golfing, swimming, tennis, hiking, crafts, etc. etc. etc. You could honestly NEVER get bored living there! We spent our time running, at the Grandparents house, driving around on the golf carts and at the pool. When we were at the pool, it started off as a fun time. Hailee was absolutely LOVING the water! It was her first time in the water (besides bath time) and she couldn't stop smiling.....until this old, crotchety, UGLY, MEAN old man came and started YELLING at us telling us we can't have a baby in the pool! We didn't want to cause a big scene, so we apologized and told him we would take her out, but he wouldn't stop YELLING at us! He was just so mean! My mom took Hailee out of the pool, and I stayed in at then I started to cry because I have NEVER had anyone yell at me and my daughter before! The other ladies that were in the pool started chewing this man out telling him what a mean man he is and that he has no friends and that his own kids probably don't even like him because he is so ugly! It was awesome seeing them chew him out! He ended up leaving and we felt better! Now my Grandpa is out to find him to have some words with him!
Other than that, we had a great time! It was so nice to get away on a quick little vacation!

16 comments:

jeanine said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that old man started yelling at you! I probably would have cried too--and inside I would've been SO mad. Glad that you had a good time other than that though! The pictures are fabulous... love the one of Hailee with the rosy cheeks.

Anonymous said...

Laurie, sometimes old people are so mean...I don't get it! You guys looks so cute in your swimsuits. What a fun time for little Hailee. That sun and pool looks pretty good right about now as I'm stuck indoors ALL DAY!! Talk to you soon!

BL said...

I have had the feeling many times-- I cant believe people can be so cruel! Im glad your trip was fun anyway. The modbe thing was good- i want to order a swimsuit soon, I just havent gotten around to it. Maybe I will see you wednesday at Rachels if I'm not too burnt out by 9. hehe. (Yes, lately I feel like going to bed at 6. )

Monica said...

Looks like you had fun! (minus the old man yelling at you) Hailee looks sooo cute in her little hat. Hopefully I will see you soon...maybe at Rachels.

Sundbergs said...

Looks like fun other than that rude old man what a jerk. She still looked so cute swim suit

The Ward Family said...

That's crazy. I hate party poopers. She looks so cute in her swimsuit!

Amanda said...

Isn't it so nice to take some time away every once in awhile?! I am happy that you guys were able to do that. Very fun for you! Hailee looks like such a happy baby. So fun!
(I just posted a blog today with that same title, lol)

Jill Duncan said...

What a fun little get away. I can't believe that man was so mean, old people are either really nice and sweet, or REALLY grouchy. Oh- and I love the 3 generations pictures, very cute!

The Murdocks said...

That was a nice little get away, other than the fact you got yelled at by that old man! I can't believe him! He shouldn't be allowed in the pool because his nasty old flaky skin will probably fall off. How rude. You are such a sweet person and did not deserve that. I hope you had a good time other than that.
Brieann

Heidi said...

OH my gosh... what a mean man... I cannot believe that he would do such a thing to a young mother and her daughter. I'm sure I would have cried too. But looks like a fun get away!

About us said...

hey girl,
Hailee is sooooo cute and looks like she has a lot of personality. We need to get together. I want to meet her. lets plan a day soon.

Emily said...

I can't wait to take my kids swimming. Gwen has the cutest bathing suits. I love it!

Unknown said...

Please tell me it was a bunch of old ladies that chewed that fart of a man out. The visual is too funny. I think I probably would have given him a piece of my mind. I doubt there was a sign posted so suck it old man! Clearly he's lead an unfullfilled life which has turned him into a miserly farty old fart.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Well, I am so happy that you got to get away and relax and spend some quality time with your Grandma and Gramps. Seriously sometimes little vacations are totally what you need and they totally hit the spot. Im glad you had a blast and Hailee looks so happy and cute in all these beautiful pictures.

Jenn said...

sounds like a fun little vacation. i bet your mom is so happy to have you back living in cali. we all need to get together soon.

Emily said...

That is crazy! I am glad you were able to get away for a little while!