Sunday, May 10, 2009

"A Mother holds her children's hand for a short while, but their hearts forever"


What a perfect quote for Mother's Day. I truly feel blessed to be a Mother to my beautiful daughter, Hailee. I can't even explain the love I have for her, but I now understand the love that my Mom (and Dad) have for me and my brothers. Being a mother is not only alot responsibility, long sleepless nights and an emotional roller coaster, but it is the purest, most sacred, rewarding, joyous, loving calling a women can have. I LOVE being a Mom; and I LOVE my Mom!

My Mom is seriously so cool. She can always get you laughing, out exploring, hiking, running, working out, or what ever her mind is set too! She is so much fun! But besides always being so much fun, she is such a wonderful example to me. She is a women that puts her kids first. Growing up if I ever got sick, afraid, sad or having a "blue" day, she was there to cheer me up, to give me the hugs and kisses that I needed, to tell me that she loved me and was so proud of me. She was also there when ever I wanted someone to hang out with, to go shopping, get pedicures, go hiking or do anything with! My Mom has always been someone I have been able to count on.
She has taught me how to have a loving, sweet heart. How to be patient and how to be strong. She has taught me how to love and to be loved. She has also taught me to never give up on my goals and dreams and to keep going until they are achieved! And best of all, she has taught me how to be a Mom.
As time passes and me being a Mom, I see myself doing things the same way my Mom did for me when I was growing up; and I love it. I hope I can be as great of Mom to Hailee as my Mom is to me.

I love you Mom. Happy Mothers Day!

4 comments:

The Ward Family said...

That was a sweet post. You do have a great mom and you are too. Being a mom is wonderful!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Beautiful, beautiful post, my eyes are full of tears right now. I love all of the wonderful words you said. I love your mom so much and am so so so blessed to have her as a mother in law. She is such an amazing example to me and I will strive to be a mother like her. You make me so excited to be a mommy myself. I know I am a mommy now but I can't wait for all of those experiences and memories. You are a great mommy Laurie!

Trent and Kristi said...

That was really sweet! Aren't moms the best! Those are really cute and fun pics too of you guys. I bet it's so great having your mom so close - I would be doing stuff with my mom everyday!

Kelly said...

Yourmom is pretty cool! I love her too! Great post!