Monday, July 13, 2009

Such a Big Girl!

So I know that Hailee would KILL me if she were old enough to understand and read this, but since she is not, I feel like I can get away with this!

For the past few months Hailee has been wanting to sit on the potty more and more. She was starting to understand the concept of what you do on it...as soon as her diaper would be wet, she would run to the bathroom and I would put her on the toilet. Well, today, she put two and two together! I was reading her a book and all of a sudden she slid out of my lap and booked it to the bathroom! I started laughing cuz I was thinking, "she must have just gone in her diaper" but I followed her in anyways. I put her up on the toilet, realizing her diaper was still dry, and then all of a sudden, not only did she go pee pee but she went poo poo too! (haha, I'm such a Mommy using words like those!) We were both so excited!! We clapped our hands and laughed and when she was all done she got a really neat sticker! I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast! I am so proud of her! Hopefully she will keep this up!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go Hailee! I was screaming and jumping up and down with excitement the first time Makenna went on the potty. Keep it up! That is so great! Potty training can be crazy, but she seems ready, so go for it!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh.... i can't believe it! That is so awesome! You go girl! ahhh,,, we miss her!! Deacon is NOOOO where close to even knowing he goes to the bathroom. ha.

Heidi said...

WOW! thats so great! jackson still isnt too into the potty yet, and he is 26 months old. WAY TO GO HAILEE!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is totally, totally impressive, good luck with the rest of the potty training, it does not sound like it is going to be too hard at all!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Yay Hailee! What a Big Girl! That is awesome! Hopefully she keeps it up!

Jessica said...

wow i'm super impressed! she is one smart girl!

Williams Forever said...

Wow!!
Good for her and for you, no more diapers. Thats a relief, I don't mind changing diapers but when there old enough and big then changing gets tiring. hope to see you soon.

Sundbergs said...

Yeah. That is so awesome.

BL said...

an early bloomer! i love it! Can I bring Celah over so that she can teach her her skills???

The Murdocks said...

That picture is so dang cute! How exciting for you that she wants to pee in the potty. haha.